Saturday, November 24, 2007

What do you do on non-Suzuki Saturdays??


Sometimes its hard not to get excited for a change in the schedule, even for the most devoted Suzuki moms out there.  It's the Saturday after Thanksgiving, and we are going to enjoy our sleeping in, eating in, and being a family on Saturday morning.  

It would be fun to know what our local Suzuki students actually DO outside of music academy.  Do you have an interest or a hobby you'd like to share with us?  I was visiting with one student last Suzuki Saturday, and he told me he'd just spent the night at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago with his dad.  This little guy was a science and math lover.  I've heard that somehow music and math are related.  Atleast that was the theory behind the development of the cuisenaire rods.  (pictured above)  Dr. Cuisenaire was astonished that children who could play music well were having trouble in math.  Perhaps the numeric/ sequences of numbers correspond to the mathmatical repetitions and variations of music?  Something to ponder... In the meantime, send me an email and tell me what you like to do besides music.  I'd be glad to feature you!
organizingmommy[at]sbcglobal[dot]net
(I'm trying to protect my email from smarter-than-me computers)